Re: [Exim] Spam blacklist

Author: Tim Jackson
To: exim-users
Subject: Re: [Exim] Spam blacklist
Hi Konrad, on Tue, 20 Jan 2004 10:09:35 +0000 you wrote:

> THanks for thre reply.

No problem. I'd appreciate it a lot if you could quote properly and not
top-post though. Thanks.

> Just one or two questions:
> - I take it this covers EHLO greetings as well?

Yep.

> - the /etc/exim/blocked_helos in the first example, I'm not clear on
> what goes in that file.

Just a list of hostnames, like:

my.mail.server
another.name.for.my.mail.server

> From the condition that looks like it will
> block all mail that doesn't have a hostname in the file?

No, it will only block mail where the sender HELO'd with a hostname which
*is* in the file. In other words, the file is a "HELO blacklist".
If the HELO isn't in the file, the condition evaluates to "no", and the
entire ACL rule is skipped.

Tim