Re: [Exim] How to deal with Hotmail

Author: Mark Edwards
To: Suresh Ramasubramanian
CC: exim-users
Subject: Re: [Exim] How to deal with Hotmail
On Jan 19, 2004, at 10:39 PM, Suresh Ramasubramanian wrote:

> Mark Edwards writes on 1/20/2004 12:05 PM:
>> 1) Hotmail has a problem with the SBC DSL server having a different
>> reverse DNS lookup (the IP resolves to
>> adsl-66-122-112-170.dsl.snfc21.pacbell.net. but the forward resolves
>> dina.mrtoads.com.)
>
> You might want to save your breath and either
>
> 1. route your mail through your sbc dsl
>
> 2. route your mail through sbc's smarthosts
>
>     srs

Okay, duh. You learn something new every day. For some reason I was
under the impression that SBC would only allow mail with an
sbcglobal.net From address. Wrong. I set up a smart_route router and
it works fine. And the really good news is that mail gets through to
Hotmail now, so that's the answer.

Thanks for hitting me with the clue stick, Suresh.

--
Mark Edwards