Re: [Exim] exim3 -> 4 concept problem

Author: Ollie Cook
To: Martin A. Brooks
CC: exim-users
Subject: Re: [Exim] exim3 -> 4 concept problem
On Mon, Jan 19, 2004 at 04:59:45PM +0000, Martin A. Brooks wrote:
> --
> Hi
>
> I'm looking at converting an exim3 installation to exim4. I'm having
> trouble with arbitrary mail routing.
>
> With exim3 I simply specify something like:
>
> relay_domains = lsearch;/etc/exim-relay
>
> And in /etc/exim-relay I have entries such as
>
> randomdomain.com: 1.2.3.4 byname
>
> I seem to be missing how this mechanism would be achieved in exim4. If
> anyone sees my mistake and would like to point it out, I'd appreciate
> the input.

Hi Martin,

You must have more than that. I expect you also have a domainlist router with a
route_file option (my memory is a little hazy about Exim 3 now, though, so I
may have that wrong).

You'll be able to find it by looking for where else /etc/exim-relay is
referenced in your configuration.

In any case, in Exim 4 domainlist doesn't exist and what you'll be after is
the manualroute router:

http://www.exim.org/exim-html-4.30/doc/html/spec_20.html#IX1611

Cheers,

Ollie
--
Oliver Cook    Systems Administrator, Claranet UK
ollie@???               +44 20 7903 3065