Re: [Exim] Bug? pipe transport without associated user=... r…

Página Principal
Apagar esta mensagem
Responder a esta mensagem
Autor: Andreas Metzler
Para: exim-users
Assunto: Re: [Exim] Bug? pipe transport without associated user=... runs as EXIM_USER
On Fri, Jan 16, 2004 at 03:17:55PM +0200, Sheldon Hearn wrote:
> On (2004/01/16 13:54), Andreas Metzler wrote:
> > Using this router/transport
> >
> > system_aliases:
> > driver = redirect
> > allow_fail
> > allow_defer
> > data = ${lookup{$local_part}lsearch{/etc/aliases}}
> > file_transport = address_file
> > pipe_transport = address_pipe
> >
> > address_pipe:
> > debug_print = "T: address_pipe for $local_part@$domain"
> > driver = pipe
> > return_fail_output
> >
> > will run run any pipe in /etc/aliases as the EXIM_USER instead of
> > dumping an error (as iirc eximv3 did)[1]. This contradicts the
> > documentation, which says:
> >
> > | In the case when "pipe" is run as a consequence of an entry in a
> > | local user's `.forward' file, the command runs under the uid and gid
> > | of that user. In other cases, the uid and gid have to be specified
> > | explicitly, either on the transport or on the router that handles the
> > | address.
>
> No, you're reading about documentation that relates to .forward files,
> but showing us a router that relates to /etc/aliases. Read the
> documentation for the redirect driver. :-)

Maybe I am blind, but this is a direct quote from the documentation
for the redirect router (There is no "redirect driver".) Please show
quote/link.

With references:
| 22.1 Redirection data

| The router operates by interpreting a text string which it obtains
| either by expanding the contents of the "data" option, or by reading
| the entire contents of a file whose name is given in the "file"
| option.

[...]
| 22.3. Interpreting redirection data

| The contents of the data string, whether obtained from data or file,
| can be interpreted in two different ways:

| If the allow_filter option is set true, and the data begins with the
| text #Exim filter or #Sieve filter, it is interpreted as a list
| of filtering instructions in the form of an Exim or Sieve filter
| file, respectively. Details of the syntax and semantics of filter
| files are described in a separate document entitled Exim's interfaces
| to mail filtering; this document is intended for use by end users. *

|       Otherwise, the data must be a comma-separated list of
| redirection items, as described in the next section.

[...]
| 22.6. Special items in redirection lists

| In addition to addresses, the following types of item may appear in
| redirection lists (that is, in non-filter redirection data):

|       An item is treated as a pipe command if it begins with |
| and does not parse as a valid RFC 2822 address that includes a
| domain. A transport for running the command must be specified by
| the pipe_transport option. Either the router or the transport must
| specify a user and group under which to run the delivery.

The only differences between using redirect to implement aliases and
.forward are:

* "data" versus "file". The documentation does not suggest that using
one or another causes different behavior.

* The userforward router has check_local_user set. This initializes
  user= and group= to the uid/gid of the respective user.
                 cu andreas