Re: [Exim] Spam blacklist

Author: Chris Edwards
To: Dennis Davis
CC: Exim-Users
Subject: Re: [Exim] Spam blacklist
Dennis Davis wrote:

| As far as list.dsbl.org is concerned,

We've used dsbl for outright block for some months. No complaints yet.

Oh - you're refering to sorbs:

| I saw a comment on the uk-mail-managers list that the spam-sources
| (127.0.0.6) component is risky. So I avoid that by including:

|         dnslists = dnsbl.sorbs.net
|         ! dnslists = dnsbl.sorbs.net=127.0.0.6

| in the appropriate ACL.

Yup - several btinternet.com smarthosts are listed in sorbs spam-sources
(126.0.0.6).

However, the rest of sorbs is generally useful. The dul/dynablock
component (127.0.0.10) is very useful and the proxy components are not bad
either.

Cheers

--
Chris Edwards, Glasgow University Computing Service