Re: [Exim] Spam blacklist

Author: Dennis Davis
To: Exim-Users
Subject: Re: [Exim] Spam blacklist
>From: Tim Jackson <lists@???>
>To: "Exim-Users (E-mail)" <exim-users@???>
>Subject: Re: [Exim] Spam blacklist
>Date: Thu, 15 Jan 2004 11:40:38 +0000
>
>Hi Ron, on Thu, 15 Jan 2004 11:16:51 +0000 you wrote:
>
>> Is there any consensus of opinion on which are the best free RBL
>> sites to use.
>
>If you're not already using them, sbl-xbl.spamhaus.org and
>list.dsbl.org will make for reliable identification of a lot of
>spam.

I'm using sbl-xbl.spamhaus.org and dnsbl.sorbs.net, along with the
JANET subscription to MAPS RBL. I've never done any comparisions,
but I see all of the above generation rejections in my exim logs.

As far as list.dsbl.org is concerned, I saw a comment on the
uk-mail-managers list that the spam-sources (127.0.0.6) component is
risky. So I avoid that by including:

        dnslists = dnsbl.sorbs.net
        ! dnslists = dnsbl.sorbs.net=127.0.0.6

in the appropriate ACL.