RE: [Exim] The role of @mx_any

Author: Eli
To: exim-users
Subject: RE: [Exim] The role of @mx_any
>domainlist relay_domains = @mx_any

This sets up a domainlist variable for later use (it would be used as
+relay_domains). See
http://www.exim.org/exim-html-4.30/doc/html/spec_7.html#SECT7.1 near the top
for an explanation. See also
http://www.exim.org/exim-html-4.30/doc/html/spec_10.html#SECT10.5

>domainlist local_domains = @ : @mx_any

You probably don't want @mx_any in your list of domains considered local. I
could just simply add your server as an MX record into my domains DNS
entries and then presto, I could more than likely relay out through your
server. See
http://www.exim.org/exim-html-4.30/doc/html/spec_10.html#SECT10.7 for info
on the @ and @mx_any items.

I would suggest you just keep local_domains as "@", and then define a
different domainlist that would store servers or whatever that you will
allow to relay through you - be careful with this though...

Eli.