Re: [Exim] Re: rcpt_include_affixes not working for me

Author: Pat Lashley
To: TN, exim-users
Subject: Re: [Exim] Re: rcpt_include_affixes not working for me
--On Tuesday, January 13, 2004 16:17:31 +1100 TN <tnuro@???> wrote:

> eh.....at the risk of talking to myself & after some more extensive
> debugging, I think this is nothing to do with rcpt_include_affixes, but
> more my use of authenticated_sender which I have tried putting in &
> finally took it out because I couldn't get it to work. Cyrus docs say
> that the exact behaviour I am seeing is due to the acl's on mailboxes;
> exim documentation says I can use authenticated_sender to negate this -
> so I'm back to trying to get authenticated_sender to work.
>

> So my problem migrates to this:
>
> Which still does not deliver mail to the right folder.

First, you should determine whether this is in fact the problem.
Set the 'anyone p' ACL on a test sub-folder and see if you can
deliver to it using the detail notation. If you can, then you
have correctly diagnosed the problem as being related to the Cyrus
ACL settings; and the fix is either to get authenticated_sender
to work or setting the 'anyone p' ACL on all target mail folders.
If the test delivery failed, then it is more likely that somehow
the detail information is not being passed via LMTP and you need
to check out the local_part_suffix handling.

-Pat