Re: [Exim] Removing headers in ACLs

Autor: Daniel Tiefnig
A: exim-users
Assumpte: Re: [Exim] Removing headers in ACLs
Philip Hazel wrote:
> Header lines that are "added" in ACLS are not in fact added; they are
> remembered and added later.

Like it's done in routers/transports?

> As far as I can recall, nobody has asked for the ability to remove
> header lines at ACL time.

Hmm, well, Eli has allready asked for that a week ago or so.. :o)

> I suppose it could operate by remembering them, but there could be
> nasty complications when different ACLs are adding and removing.

I think this problems can be avoided by maintaining lists of remove and
add headers, and then doing the removes just before the adds. Like it is
done for routers/transports, I think. I may be missing some important
things, but basically this should work, or shouldn't it?

> I suspect a re-implementation is needed, which maintains a list of
> headers even before the message is received. This would probably
> behave more in the way that users expect.

Well, users should expect what's written in the manual...

lg,
daniel