Re: [Exim] Removing headers in ACLs

Autor: Wakko Warner
A: exim-users
Assumpte: Re: [Exim] Removing headers in ACLs
> Header lines that are "added" in ACLS are not in fact added; they are
> remembered and added later. This is necessary for all ACLs before DATA,
> because there is nothing to add them to at that point.
>
> As far as I can recall, nobody has asked for the ability to remove
> header lines at ACL time. I suppose it could operate by remembering
> them, but there could be nasty complications when different ACLs are
> adding and removing.
>
> I suspect a re-implementation is needed, which maintains a list of
> headers even before the message is received. This would probably behave
> more in the way that users expect.

Since there's add/remove, why not keep a single list to remember both.
Something like:

struct { char *name; char *data} *acl_headers;
where data is not null (add) or NULL (remove)

When it's applied, itterate through the list performing the action
requested.

Just a thought, I personally don't use add/remove at all.