Re: [Exim] putting it all together (exim / dovecot / pgsql /…

Author: Avleen Vig
To: exim-users, lists-vexim
Subject: Re: [Exim] putting it all together (exim / dovecot / pgsql / apache)
On Mon, Jan 12, 2004 at 07:29:11PM +0300, Odhiambo G. Washington wrote:
> > - I want to use exim filter files for processing e-mail rules
> > (sorting into mailboxes etc.), which works pretty fine.
>
> Yayi! Users can "manage" their own rules? That is cool. Avleen, do we
> have s'thing like it?

That is cool. Nope, vexim doesn't have anyhting like this :)
Although the web interface does now let you manage header-based filtering
for a predefined list of headers.

> > - Generally, ClamAV does not seem to filter very good, many email
> > worms come through (a trojan is on your computer! etc.), Is there
> > any other tool blocking such malicios mails without completely
> > blocking .exe attachments?
>
> Commericial AVs would do, I think, but I am not sure since I haven't
> used any.

ClamAV isnt' the best. But for free, it's better than nothing :-)
And if it's not good enough, I would recommend people learn to code as
required, and submit patches/updates. Those are always appreciated.