Re: [Exim] localhost as SMTP server again: Dynamic IP adress…

Autor: Tim Jackson
A: Exim User's Mailing List
Assumpte: Re: [Exim] localhost as SMTP server again: Dynamic IP adresses being blocked
On Wed, 7 Jan 2004 16:25:32 -0500 (EST) Greg Woods wrote:

[SA checking Received headers against DULs]
> I knew there were some problems with SpamAssassin, but I didn't know it
> was quite that stupid.

It's not really a problem with the software itself, just the particular
rulesets/DNSBLs that they are using (by default) and the way they are
using them. (You can easily change the configuration) For example, it
doesn't seem to me to be entirely unreasonable to assign a spam score if
the mail has passed through (for example) a machine which is in
sbl.spamhaus.org and indeed this can help to catch spam which has come
through a third party machine (e.g. forwarder) on the way. However,
checking against dialup lists (or lists containing dialups) is obviously
not particularly helpful.

Tim