Re: [Exim] localhost as SMTP server again: Dynamic IP adress…

Página Principal
Apagar esta mensagem
Responder a esta mensagem
Autor: Toralf Lund
Para: Exim Mailing List
Assunto: Re: [Exim] localhost as SMTP server again: Dynamic IP adressesbeing blocked
David Woodhouse wrote:

>On Wed, 2004-01-07 at 11:54 +0100, Toralf Lund wrote:
>

>>There is of course a different, perhaps more serious, problem with using
>>localhost as SMTP server setting in the MUA (see previous thread): It
>>could mean that dynamically assigned IP addresses are listed in
>>Received, and some receiver's don't like that; they block all messages
>>from addresses in dynamic ranges, at least if they belong to a major ISP.
>>

>That would just be bizarrely broken. Block mail coming _directly_ from dynamic IP ranges

Yes, I guess that's what most people do. But the simple, direct way to
configure the MTA is to use direct connections. The question was really
if there is a straight-forward, portable to way to set up Exim not to
(and partly also if that will actually help.) I mean portable in the
sense of a config that will work for different IP adresses and
connection via different LANs - typically for laptops etc. that may be
connected to one or more office LANs as well as to dial-up Internet
connections, direct ADSL links to ISPs etc.