Re: [Exim] localhost as SMTP server again: Dynamic IP adress…

Página Principal
Apagar esta mensagem
Responder a esta mensagem
Autor: David Woodhouse
Para: Toralf Lund
CC: Exim Mailing List
Assunto: Re: [Exim] localhost as SMTP server again: Dynamic IP adresses being blocked
On Wed, 2004-01-07 at 11:54 +0100, Toralf Lund wrote:
> There is of course a different, perhaps more serious, problem with using
> localhost as SMTP server setting in the MUA (see previous thread): It
> could mean that dynamically assigned IP addresses are listed in
> Received, and some receiver's don't like that; they block all messages
> from addresses in dynamic ranges, at least if they belong to a major ISP.

That would just be bizarrely broken. Block mail coming _directly_ from
dynamic IP ranges rather than through the ISP's smarthosts, perhaps --
but to block mail just because it happened to originate at a dynamic IP
is insane.

When IPv4 and dynamic IP addresses are a distant memory I think we'll
all be happy ;)

--
dwmw2