Re: [Exim] rejected HELO from error

Author: Tim Jackson
To: exim-users
Subject: Re: [Exim] rejected HELO from error
Hi Fredrik, on Wed, 7 Jan 2004 11:25:17 +0100 you wrote:

> I'm using a mailform in a lasso application on MacOS X.2.8 server, and
> it seems like the mailsender in lasso is sending "HELO []".
> I've tried to set the primary_hostname but there was no difference,

No, you need to change the *sending* side (ie on MacOS) to send something
sensible instead of "[]".

If that's not possible, setting helo_accept_junk_hosts = x (where 'x' is
the IP of your MacOS machine) on your Exim machine may help. However, this
is very much a "workaround" and it would be better to fix the problem
(i.e. silly HELO from the Mac) rather than telling Exim to ignore the
symptoms :)

Tim