[Exim] Problem with exim on internal network

Author: syn uw
To: exim-users
Subject: [Exim] Problem with exim on internal network
Hello,

We are running EXIM on Linux on an internal web server running on a internal
private network (hidden by NAT). EXIM is only responsible for sending out
mails from our webmail system. The problem that we are encountering is when
we are sending mails to domains that are hosted on our server: EXIM does an
MX lookup for a domain hosted on our servers and then gets the external IP
address of that our server and not the internal address. I tryed to force
this by entering our mail server host's internal IP in /etc/hosts but still
it takes the external address. Thus mails get undelivered as from the
internal network it's not posible to use external IP addresses (that's how
our OpenBSD firewall works).

Does anyone have an idea ?

Many thanks in advance for your help!

Regards