Re: [Exim] Headers in Reject Log

Author: Richard.Hall
To: exim-users
Subject: Re: [Exim] Headers in Reject Log
James,

On Sat, 3 Jan 2004, James P. Roberts wrote:

> Per online documentation:
>
> "The reject log records information from messages that are rejected as a
> result of a configuration option (that is, for policy reasons). If the
> message's header has been read at the time the log is written, its contents
> are written to this log, following a copy of the one-line message that is
> written to the main log. You can use the reject log to check that your policy
> controls are working correctly."
>
> I'm adding a warning header in my DATA ACL, after checking h_received. So,
> yes, the message's header has been read at this point. Apparently, even
> though it's only a warning (not a reject), rejectlog is filling up with logs
> of headers of delivered messages that happen to have a warning added along the
> way.

What version are you using? From the ChangeLog for version 4.23:-

32. log_message in a "warn" ACL statement was writing to the reject log as
    well as to the main log, which contradicts the documentation and doesn't
    seem right (because no rejection is happening). So I have stopped it.

which, if I'm interpreting your message correctly, would solve your
problem.

HTH,
Richard Hall