[Exim] Headers in Reject Log

Author: James P. Roberts
To: exim-users
Subject: [Exim] Headers in Reject Log
Per online documentation:

"The reject log records information from messages that are rejected as a
result of a configuration option (that is, for policy reasons). If the
message's header has been read at the time the log is written, its contents
are written to this log, following a copy of the one-line message that is
written to the main log. You can use the reject log to check that your policy
controls are working correctly."

I'm adding a warning header in my DATA ACL, after checking h_received. So,
yes, the message's header has been read at this point. Apparently, even
though it's only a warning (not a reject), rejectlog is filling up with logs
of headers of delivered messages that happen to have a warning added along the
way.

Is there any way to turn off logging of headers to the rejectlog, once I've
validated that my policy controls are working as desired? Or at least, to
turn it off for warnings only? Or even, to toggle off logging of warns to
rejectlog? (If I want to log something in a warn, I can always use
log_message.)

If not, I'd like to wishlist it. Ideally, one could toggle the inclusion of
headers in rejectlog, separately, for warnings and for rejects.
Alternatively, I'd like to be able to disable logging of warns to rejectlog.

Regards,
Jim Roberts
Punster Productions, Inc.