Re: [Exim] FW: Integrating SpamAssasin with Exim 4.24-4

Author: Avleen Vig
To: Tim Jackson
CC: exim-users
Subject: Re: [Exim] FW: Integrating SpamAssasin with Exim 4.24-4
On Mon, Dec 29, 2003 at 10:02:04PM +0000, Tim Jackson wrote:
> > I need advise on how best to integrate SpamAssasin with exim 4.24-4
> > running on FreeBSD 4.9.
> <snip>
> > spamcheck_router:
>
> Probably best not by using routers, unless you are purely "tagging" spam
> and not planning to actually reject it. Either way, you would be better
> off installing Exiscan ( http://duncanthrax.net/exiscan-acl/ ) or SA-Exim
> ( http://marc.merlins.org/linux/exim/sa.html ) and using those. I've
> written a guide on how to do this which you might well find useful - you
> can find it at http://www.timj.co.uk/linux/exim.php .

Actually, if you want to do per-user accepting/rejecting, doing some
work in a router is required.
I've found tagging with SA in the ACL, and accepting/rejecting in a
router based on the user's applied score * 10 vs $spam_score_int is a
good way.
If you do this, PLEASE DO NOT REJECT THE MAIL.
Just :blackhole: it. The reply address is almost guaranteed to be fake.

--
Avleen Vig
Systems Administrator