Re: [Exim] Inbound Hosts without valid rDNS

Author: Wakko Warner
To: Steve Thomas
CC: exim-users
Subject: Re: [Exim] Inbound Hosts without valid rDNS
> > I am amazed at how many mid-sized companies that have misconfigured mail
> > systems.
>
> reverse dns and mail servers are independant of each other. also, reverse dns isn't usually something that a company has control over - their isp usually manages it.

I feel every IP used should have an rDNS and a corresponding DNS. I am not
saying that the hostname of the server has to be this same DNS name. I'm
only saying:
1.2.3.4 -> blah.dom
blah.dom -> 1.2.3.4

and the mail server could be using mail.someotherdomain.lan with ip 1.2.3.4

That's just how I feel things should be done. Where I work and both of my
personal MXs have forward and reverse DNS from my ISP. I have also pointed
my domain animx.eu.org to those IPs (but the reverse isn't the same). I see
nothing wrong with this.

Please, if the troll comes out of the darkness DON'T FEE HIM! =)