Re: [Exim] aliases

Author: Michael Johnson
To: Dan Egli
CC: exim-users
Subject: Re: [Exim] aliases
On Dec 24, 2003, at 1:07 PM, Dan Egli wrote:

> Michael Johnson wrote:
> | 2003-12-24 08:00:09 HQEHG9-0001MI-BO ** mailman@smudette
> | <mailman-bounces@smudette> R=mailman_router T=mailman_transport:
> Child
> | process of mailman_transport transport returned 127 (could mean
> unable
> | to exec or command does not exist) from command:
> | /usr/local/mailman/mail/wrapper
> |

> Ok. Read in the parens. Could mean unable to exec ot command does not
> exist.
>
> Question 1: does /usr/local/mailman/mail/wrapper exist?
> Question 2: Who owns it, and what are it's permissions? (Owner AND
> group
> are important!)

Ah...I followed the directions instead of actually looking at what was
there:

-rwxr-sr-x 1 root dialer 20644 24 Dec 13:02 mailman

(I'm not exactly sure why this is showing up as "dialer" but it has all
along and it worked that way before.)

> | I didn't alter this from the way it was done in the installation:
> |
> | address_pipe:
> | driver = pipe
> | return_output
> Just wanted to make sure. Every once in a while we get someone on here
> who has goofed with all the settings in the file and THEN comes to us
> for help. <groan>

I've felt the same way on other lists where I'm a bit more
knowledgeable of the subject matter. =-)

-Michael