[Exim] Different queues / simultaneos deliveries based on me…

Author: Robert Mena
To: exim-users
Subject: [Exim] Different queues / simultaneos deliveries based on message size
Hi,

I am facing some problems with my users sending
multi-mbytes messages to dozens of recipients. The
smtp is taking a large amount of the bandwidth and
keeping small messages queued due to the limit of
simultaneos deliveries.

The email is not spam and the number of TO: or CC: are
not enough to need (IMHO) some sort of throttling BUT
I was wondering if I could define diferent strategies
based on the message size and/or the sender IP.

That would allow me to, for instance, try to deliver
up to 10 simultaneos small messages (<100K) and only 2
big messages (>100K).

Those numbers are just examples and I am really
interestered in opinions regarding this seup or any
other ideia to solve this "problem".

regards,

rt