Re: [Exim] Date header line not added in 4.30

Author: Philip Hazel
To: Frank Elsner
CC: exim-users
Subject: Re: [Exim] Date header line not added in 4.30
On Tue, 23 Dec 2003, Frank Elsner wrote:

> I really suffer from the fact that a Message-Id is not inserted for messages
> coming in over TCP/IP. In case of virus infection it makes it really hard to
> find them in the quarantine, my procedure uses the Message-Id :-(
>
> I really would like the old behavior or a config file option.

If "your procedure" operates after the DATA ACL, you should be able to
add a Message-ID: header line yourself with

   warn  message = Message-ID: whatever
         condition = ${if eq{$h_message-id:}{}{yes}{no}}

in the DATA ACL. This of course is nice and flexible; with other
conditions you can control exactly when you do and do not add this
header.

Do we really need additional options as well as this?