Re: [Exim] Date header line not added in 4.30

Author: Frank Elsner
To: exim-users
Subject: Re: [Exim] Date header line not added in 4.30
On Mon, 22 Dec 2003 14:23:13 GMT Philip Hazel wrote:
> On Mon, 22 Dec 2003, Giuliano Gavazzi wrote:

[... ]

> > Can you remember why point 56 of 4.30 ChangeLog happened?
>
> I am getting too old. This all happened less than a month ago, and I
> can't remember the detail. Neither do I appear to have any relevant
> saved messages, except as part of the discussion about resent- headers.
> However, I think it all arose from that discussion. There was a view
> that these kinds of header fixup should not happen by default except for
> messages that originate on the local host, i.e. do not arrive via
> TCP/IP.

I really suffer from the fact that a Message-Id is not inserted for messages
coming in over TCP/IP. In case of virus infection it makes it really hard to
find them in the quarantine, my procedure uses the Message-Id :-(

I really would like the old behavior or a config file option.

Merry Xmas
Frank Elsner  /                         c/o  Technische Universitaet Berlin   |
 ____________/                               ZRZ, Sekr. E-N 50                |

|                                            Einsteinufer 17                  |
| Voice: +49 30 314 23897                    D-10587 Berlin                   |
| SMTP : Elsner@???             Germany    ______________________|