Re: [Exim] Date header line not added in 4.30

Author: Kevin Reed
To: exim-users
Subject: Re: [Exim] Date header line not added in 4.30
Giuliano Gavazzi said:
> Since I upgraded exim from 4.14 to 4.30 I noticed that the messages
> generated from some JSPs on my server do not get the Date header
> added by exim.
> From the docs it does not look like anything has changed since 4.14
> in this regard (or has it?). spec.txt says:

From the ChangeLog for Exim 4.30:

56. Exim used to add From:, Date:, and Message-Id: header lines to
any incoming messages that did not have them. Now it does so only
if the message originates locally, that is, if there is no
associated remote host address.

> 44.7 The Date: header line
>
> If a locally-generated message has no Date: header line, Exim adds
> one, using |
> the current date and time.
>
> but what does locally-generated mean exactly (my messages come over
> SMTP after all, so I would not say they are locally generated)?

Locally generated would be injected into exim on the command line which is
not SMTP...

Example:

# exim -f kreed@??? -t <<EOM
> From: kreed@???