[Exim] Date header line not added in 4.30

Author: Giuliano Gavazzi
To: exim-users
Subject: [Exim] Date header line not added in 4.30
Since I upgraded exim from 4.14 to 4.30 I noticed that the messages
generated from some JSPs on my server do not get the Date header
added by exim.
From the docs it does not look like anything has changed since 4.14
in this regard (or has it?). spec.txt says:

44.7 The Date: header line

If a locally-generated message has no Date: header line, Exim adds
one, using |
the current date and time.

but what does locally-generated mean exactly (my messages come over
SMTP after all, so I would not say they are locally generated)? If my
interpretation is correct, perhaps exim was "incorrectly" adding the