Re: [Exim] dated addresses (example)

Author: Kevin Reed
To: exim-users
Subject: Re: [Exim] dated addresses (example)
Howdy... Kirill...

Kirill Miazine said:
> Hello Kevin
>
> * Kevin Reed [2003-12-21 14:20]:
>> Personally, I think it is a cool idea if done right. There are some
>> other
>> issues such as timezones, perhaps generating an address that does not
>> make
>> it so easy to guess what the real one is... provide a way for users to
>> request a temp unique unblocked mail address etc...
>
> You're reaching TMDA now. :) The initial idea was to avoid such a
> monster. :)

Actually, I have a limited need for something like this. I don't intend
for the user to use this for all their mail but only as a temporary
requirement where they need an unblocked address.

With the small non-profits that I help out, they have several clients that
need a way to override spam detection on a temporary basis so that if they
subscribe to a program, reservation etc... they are assured that they get
the mail they need to confirm what they paid for.

For this they need a temporary email address that is assurred of not being
blocked for the time is is available.

Their normal email address would be in effect and unchanged and the normal
blocking and spam prevention would remain.

It also has some uses for subscriptions to some services where someone has
requested something, and you are sending back a confirmation mail to them.

This is something that I was working on many moons ago... but your post
kinda opened up the idea again... I was using Smail back then, Exim is
much more configurable.

As soon as I get done with some of this current automation stuff I am
working on for work etc.. I will look at it again.

--
Kevin W. Reed - TNET Services, Inc.
Unoffical Exim MTA Info Forums - http://exim.got-there.com/forums