Re: [Exim] return_path

Author: David Saez
To: exim-users
Subject: Re: [Exim] return_path
Hi !!

> > If return_path is set for a smtp transport and the remote mailer rejects the
> > message at smtp time, the resulting bounce is sent to the value set on the
> > return_path or to the original envelope sender ?
>
> See documentation of return_path, where it says:
>
>     Note: If a delivery error is detected locally, the bounce message is not
>     sent to the value of this option, but to the previously set errors
>     address.

Yes, but I was not sure about a smtp transport error (message rejected from
remote mailer at smtp time) was local or not ...

> The default for errors_address in routers is the original envelope
> sender.

also for transports ?

--
best regards ...

SPECIMEN: An Italian astronaut.

   On-Line Services 2000 S.L.       e-mail  david@???
   Pintor Vayreda 1                 telf    +34 902 50 29 75
   08184 Palau-Solita i Plegamans   movil   +34 670 35 27 53