RE: [Exim] Is it possible for forwarders to filter tagged sp…

Author: Liu Shuai
To: exim-users
Subject: RE: [Exim] Is it possible for forwarders to filter tagged spam?
> On Fri, 2003-12-19 at 00:21, Liu Shuai wrote:
> > Hi all,
> >
> > I am using SpamAssassin with Exim. Is it possible to set it up
> so that when
> > a forwarder forwards the e-mail
> > to a remote e-mail account, it doesn't forward the e-mail that has been
> > already tagged as spam by SpamAssassin?
> > The tagged spam usually has a subject begins with *****Spam****.
> I'd suggest checking for the Spam-Status-Tag. Insert
>
> if $h_X-Spam-Status: contains "Yes" or "${if def:h_X-Spam-Flag
> {def}{undef}}" is "def"
> then
>     save $Home/Maildir/spam/
>     finish
> endif

> in your .forward. In front of the section where you're doing the
> forwarding (deliver). If you don't want to save the spam simply replace
> the save '$Home...' with 'seen' which will delete all tagged Spam.

Thank you Michael.
I am using Exim in cPanel and looks like the forwarders(aliases) for all
accounts under domain
foo.com are stored in /etc/valiases/foo.com rather than $Home/.forward

What should I do then? Since the file under /etc/valiases is kind of a
global .forward for every user
(If I understand it correctly), different user may have different
preference(whether to filter tagged
spam or not) and different mailbox

LS