Re: [Exim] qmail to exim

Author: Hunte Swee
To: Marc Perkel, exim-users
Subject: Re: [Exim] qmail to exim
We made such migration recently. No significant error found during process.

Our situation:
------------------------
original system:
qmail_ldap patch: smtp and pop3 protocol
courier-imap: imap protocol, used by webmail, IMP
openldap: user account storage.

mirgated system:
exim: smtp protocol
courier-imap: pop3, imap protocol
openldap: user account storage
perdition: pop3, imap requests redirection(proxy)

As my experience, before do a migration, the top important thing is read docs about Exim and try your best to be familiar with Exim. Of course, some experiments is required.

Cheers,
Hunte