Re: [Exim] large retry and wait-remote_smtp files

Author: Paul
To: exim-users
Subject: Re: [Exim] large retry and wait-remote_smtp files
Hi All,

Here's what I've implemented

- Local copy of named with caching
- Update server to use localhost dns
- Change exim to max queue run of 5 instead of 1 (queue_run_max = 5)
- Now running exim -bd -q5m instead of exim -bd -q5h
- Use tinydb in crontab every 24 hours on /var/spool/mail/db (clean out
retry and wait-remote_smtp files)

Since these changes it seems to have increased throughput. Is there anyway I
can shrink the size of the .dbs?
Are they too big (70mb)? or is this an OK size for our site, considering the
amount of mail we handle ?

Any comments/ideas would be great