Re: [Exim] Re: Large queue sizes - big directories - and Rei…

Author: Kristian Köhntopp
To: jzaw, exim-users
Subject: Re: [Exim] Re: Large queue sizes - big directories - and Reiser File System
On Friday 05 December 2003 20:24, jzaw wrote:
> SuSE 8.2 (netinstall) also offers reiser fs by default when doing an
> _expert_ partition and format of hd's
>
> someone mentioned to me that reiser may not be stable? or that it hoses
> their hd in a very short time
> is this anyone elses experience?

Suse Linux has been offering reiserfs as the default file system for several
releases now and their experiences have been quite good.

So have mine. I am running reiserfs 3.6 on almost all my installations (the
others are running xfs) and it just works fine. On one mache, I lost
approximately 700 mb buffer cache due to a problem with my agpgart and the
system crashing hard. While the crash was not releated to reiserfs, the
journal did not do good after reboot and I needed to reiserfsck the system.
Reiserfsck was able to reconstruct the partition with almost no data loss.

I'd consider reiserfs 3.6 stable and mature, and can recommend it.

Kristian