[Exim] 4.30 makefile problems with OSX

Author: Bradford Carpenter
To: exim-users
Subject: [Exim] 4.30 makefile problems with OSX
I've compiled every version of exim from 4.12 through 4.24 just fine on
my OSX setup (currently I'm running 10.2.8) using darwinports; I've
simply changed the version numbers (exim/exiscan) and checksums in the
port file, and darwinports builds and installs exim without a hitch.
However, 4.30 installation fails when reading the makefile, saying
"couldn't find file for -lresolv" or some such. This is apparently
related to this item from the 4.30 changelog:

16. Added CHOWN_COMMAND=/usr/sbin/chown and LIBS=-lresolv to the
     OS/Makefile-Darwin file.

Being relatively new to unix and compiling, I really have no idea what
it is not finding. Can anyone who is familiar with Darwin and OSX tell
me what I need to change to allow the compiler to find whatever file
it's looking for?

Any help much appreciated!

Brad