Re: [Exim] SA-Exim vs. ExiScan - at an initial glance

Author: Chris Edwards
To: Tor Slettnes
CC: sa-exim, exim-users
Subject: Re: [Exim] SA-Exim vs. ExiScan - at an initial glance
On Wed, 26 Nov 2003, Tor Slettnes wrote:

|   o Preservation of SA's headers, such as 'X-Spam-Status'; useful to
|     keep in EXIM's "rejectlog".  (ExiScan provides $spam_report, which
|     can be added in a header, but there seems to be no way to get the
|     "short" spam analysis (SA's _TESTS_ macro) logged using ExiScan).

We use exiscan and write $spam_report into the headers:

  warn    message = X-GLA-Spam-Score:  $spam_score ($spam_bar)\n\

SA's report is far too verbose by default, so our SA local.cf has:

clear_report_template
report _SUMMARY_

The result looks like:

        0.3 DATE_IN_PAST_03_06     Date: is 3 to 6 hours before Received: date
        0.1 CLICK_BELOW            Asks you to click below

which finds its way into the rejectlog if the mail is rejected. If you
want e.g. SA's _TESTS_ macro then use "report _TESTS_" instead.

--
Chris Edwards, Glasgow University Computing Service