Re: [Exim] Cannot start Exim

Author: Bill Hacker
To: exim-users
Subject: Re: [Exim] Cannot start Exim
Sheldon Hearn wrote:

> On (2003/11/27 10:33), Sheldon Hearn wrote:
>

>>It's only on -CURRENT (currently 5.2-BETA) on which the script is
>>supposed to be installed into /etc/rc.d. In this case, there's no
>>dependency on ports/sysutils/rc_subr, because the rc_subr functionality
>>is included in the base system.
>

> I should have mentioned also, that on -CURRENT, the script is installed
> as exim, not exim.sh.
>
> Ciao,
> Sheldon.

On 4.9 - now built from the tarball, or on 5.1 built from the ports, it
isn't installed at all.

Both are now working after a fashion (need lots of Exim's
well-documented config work).

'One size doesn't fit all' so I generally write my own startup/shutdown
scripts, as I want them hard-coded as to UID and paths, shell-ethnicity
independent, and combined with things they may need *in order of need*.

EX: starting a DB and a CMS before the httpd that will provide access to
them, providing independent reload/restart, and shutting down the httpd
before the CMS and before the DB.

..etc.

Bill