Re: [Exim] Can't Start Exim

Author: Sheldon Hearn
To: Bill Hacker
CC: exim-users
Subject: Re: [Exim] Can't Start Exim
On (2003/11/27 16:38), Bill Hacker wrote:

> When invoked with 'portinsall exim' a choice of 'exim' or 'exim-old'
> appears. Will try the 'old' one on 4.9 and see was geibts....

I recommend against the exim-old port. I marked it BROKEN because it
isn't maintained, and it's exim3. It'll be removed from the ports tree
in the first quarter of 2004.

Since you're playing around, I could really use your feedback.

Could you try uninstalling rc_subr and exim, and then do this:

    script log_for_sheldon portupgrade -N exim -o mail/exim

Then compress the log_for_sheldon file and mail it to me? If the port
isn't working for 4.9-RELEASE, it's something that will affect a _lot_
of people, and I'd really appreciate your help in getting it sorted out.

Thanks,
Sheldon.