Re: [Exim] Can't Start Exim

Author: Bill Hacker
To: exim-users
Subject: Re: [Exim] Can't Start Exim
Kirill Miazine wrote:

> * Bill Hacker [2003-11-27 15:12]:
>
>>Generally, however, the *BSD ports are well thought out and save one
>>'making the same mistakes', etc...
>

> I cannot disagree. I a BSD user myself, but I do prefer to install some
> software myself. The list includes Exim, Perl, PostgreSQL and various
> Apaches (one with mod_ssl, mod_accel and mod_deflate, one with mod_perl
> and the third one with mod_php).

I now have the port working on the FreeBSD 5.1p10 box. Needed some
fixing for basic send from a shell user, will need ots more for production.

Got the tarball pre-make configured and (mostly) working on the FreeBSD
4.9-RELEASE box - rest should be attention to details.

When invoked with 'portinsall exim' a choice of 'exim' or 'exim-old'
appears. Will try the 'old' one on 4.9 and see was geibts....

In both cases, I am starting w/o an rc.d script, just:

<path-to-executable>/exim -bd -q1m

Bill