Re: [Exim] HELO & multiple domains

Author: Andreas Metzler
To: exim-users
Subject: Re: [Exim] HELO & multiple domains
On Sun, Nov 23, 2003 at 05:06:00PM +0000, David Harris wrote:
> I run several domains from one box. For various reasons I wont go into I can
> only have 1 IP address so change of ISP is not feasible. For the most part
> exim seems to work fine almost out of the box. However, whichever domain I
> send mail from the helo
> greeting responds with the primary_hostname & qualifying domain: so if my
> primary host name is 'foo' and my qualify_domain is 'bar.com' and I send
> from one of my other domains, e.g. wibble.com the helo data is 'helo
> foo.bar.com' not 'foo.wibble.com' .

[...]
> 'remote_smtp:
> driver = smtp
> helo_data = ${sender_domain)
> or
> helo_data = ${lookup{sender_domain}lsearch*{/etc/mail/domains/helo}{$value}}
> '
> but as an exim newbie I couldnt figure out the syntax either.
> Anyone got any ideas? thanks

Where did you get "sender_domain" from, guesswork? Check "11.8
Expansion variables" in spec.txt.

helo_data = $sender_address_domain
or
helo_data = ${lookup{$sender_address_domain}lsearch*\
            {/etc/mail/domains/helo}{$value}{$primary_hostname}}

I think this might not always work, as exim might deliver two mails
with different sender domains on one connection.
              cu and- untested -dreas