Re: [Exim] exim -bpc and exiqsumm differs on queue

Author: Philip Hazel
To: Johann Spies
CC: exim-users
Subject: Re: [Exim] exim -bpc and exiqsumm differs on queue
On Fri, 21 Nov 2003, Johann Spies wrote:

> While exim -bpc shows:
>
> 3557
>
> One line in the output of mailq | exiqsumm shows:
>
> 4269    34MB     24h      1m  ma2.sun.ac.za

> How do I reconcile those two?

By deeper investigation. I don't expect anyone on this list can help
without further information. Was there a timing effect here? Seems
unlikely, but I note that at least one message has arrived within the
last minute, so maybe a whole pile did, after you ran -bpc?

But otherwise, you need to do more testing. For example:

. Run -bpc and -bp in quick succession, saving the output. Check whether
they agree sufficiently. (By "sufficiently" I mean taking into account
the fact that messages are arriving and departing all the time.)
If not, let me know or post more info.

. Run exiqsumm on the saved output from -bp and see if it agrees. If
not, see if you can find the bug in exiqsumm and post it. If not, send
me the -bp output and I'll take a look.

...but only if you are using a pretty recent release of Exim (preferably
the latest, 4.24).