[Exim] Exim4.24 with exiscna-acl, Spamassassin 2.60 and uvsc…

Author: Smith, A.D.
To: exim-users
Subject: [Exim] Exim4.24 with exiscna-acl, Spamassassin 2.60 and uvscan
I've been experiencing problems on my 3 Sun v210 mail hubs. They usually have a maximum load of 0.40; but recently I have found that on two occasions the load raises to ridiculous amounts .. in excess of 30.00. when I have looked at the processes running on the machines there have been instances of uvscan running. This keeps ports open and starts to interfere with email traffic flow delaying messages up to an hour!!
Has anyone seen any problems like this, or got any ideas of how to close connections and nice the instances of uvscan which take over a certain amount of time, such as 1 minute. I would like to keep checking all emails for viruses, as this stops the possibility of small virus infected files being transmitted as part of large zip files.
Our file size limit is currently 10MB.

Alexander Smith