Re: [Exim] Exim + Mailscanner on freeBSD

Αρχική Σελίδα
Συντάκτης: Sheldon Hearn
Ημερομηνία:
Προς: Michael Caplan
Υ/ο: exim-users
Αντικείμενο: Re: [Exim] Exim + Mailscanner on freeBSD
On (2003/11/13 15:20), Michael Caplan wrote:

> I am struggling to get mailscanner-4.22.5 (port) and exim-4.24_3 (from
> Cpanel ports) to work properly together. Everything is going well,
> minus one large snag. I can't getting two exim daemons running to
> handle incoming and outgoing mail.
>
> I have been working on a modified version of the Cpanel exim startup
> script that launches the two separate exim processes. Roughly, what I
> have going on is a line that fires up another exim to deal with outgoing:
>
> /usr/sbin/sendmail -bd -C /etc/exim_outgoing.conf

Don't do that. Put third-party software where it belongs, in ${PREFIX}/etc
(commonly /usr/local/etc or /opt/etc).

Putting third-party software configuration files in /etc means that, if
you do a binary upgrade of the operating system at some point, you'll
either lose your configs or have to remember to copy them into /etc from
a backup directory.

The base system vs third-party separation paradigm has several other
benefits, but I'm in a hurry and hope I've given you a significant
enough motivation to go with the flow.

Ciao,
Sheldon.