Re: [Exim] secondary MX in a world of spammers

Author: Jeff Lasman
To: exim-users
Subject: Re: [Exim] secondary MX in a world of spammers
On Wednesday 12 November 2003 07:58 am, I wrote:

> This is a philosophical question, I suppose, rather than a how-to
> question...
>
> Several of our clients have inquired as to our plans to offer
> secondary mx.

I want to take this time to thank everyone who's responded to me, both
onlist and privately.

Our situation is complicated because we're being asked by our clients to
offer it as a service to them. And they run different mailservers.
I'm not sure how we could keep track of all their users, and I know if
we expected them to update a file so they'd keep track of it, it would
never happen properly.

So the only way we could implement it would be true store and forward.
So we'd be accepting spam and email to incorrect addresses, and forward
it later, when their system is again available.

So of course the only question is, "is this a good thing or a bad
thing?"

I'm still not sure of the answer, and I'm still not sure that we want to
do this. I'll revisit it after the new year.

Thanks again!

Jeff
--
Jeff Lasman, nobaloney.net, P. O. Box 52672, Riverside, CA 92517 US
Professional Internet Services & Support / Consulting / Colocation