Re: [Exim] exiwhat

Author: Scott Courtney
To: Tony Finch
CC: exim-users
Subject: Re: [Exim] exiwhat
On Wednesday 12 November 2003 13:30, Tony Finch wrote:
> On Wed, Nov 12, 2003 at 12:55:17PM -0500, Scott Courtney wrote:
> > Where would the process log be, by default?
>
> $spool_directory/exim-process.info
>
> You need to check the premissions of the file and the parent directory
> and the user that Exim usually runs as.

Okay, Exim runs as user "exim", group "mail".

The spool directory is /home/exim/spool/. It is owned by "exim:mail" and
has permissions of 755.

There is an exim-process.info file in the spool directory, owned by
"exim:mail" and with permissions of 640. I ran "exiwhat" and verified
that this file is successfully deleted and re-created, with the same
ownership and permissions.

Hope this further information helps. Thanks very much for looking into this
and the other questions I've reported. I'm very impressed with Exim and with
the high S/N ratio on this list. You folks are great!

Scott

--
Scott Courtney         | "I don't mind Microsoft making money. I mind them