Re: [Exim] secondary MX in a world of spammers

Página superior
Eliminar este mensaje
Autor: Colin Sampaleanu
A: Jeff Lasman
Cc: exim-users
Asunto: Re: [Exim] secondary MX in a world of spammers
The fact that the secondary MX can not validate local users will be
worst than it appears. I have a friend who is set as my seconday MX. My
primary can validate local users for my domain, his secondary can't
(it's just storing and forwarding). As far as we can tell, a lot of
spammers go directly to his box, and ignore mine (even though it's set
with a higher priority). I presume they do this because they know there
is a good chance local users will not be able to be validated at receipt
time.

The net result is that a lot of bogus mail which would get refused
outright (if my mail server was the only one, or if his could also
validate my local users), instead gets queued by his system, which then
attempts to forward (unsuccessfully) to mine... A lot more resources are
consumed in the process, and spammers continue to consider those
addresses valid, since they don't get an immediate refusal.

Aside from the issue of whether the secondary MX can validate loc