Re: [Exim] exiwhat

Página Principal
Apagar esta mensagem
Responder a esta mensagem
Autor: Sheldon Hearn
Para: Scott Courtney
CC: exim-users
Assunto: Re: [Exim] exiwhat
On (2003/11/11 09:55), Scott Courtney wrote:

> > > Why does the "exiwhat" command output data to the physical console
> > > (/dev/console) even when it is run (by root) from an SSH session over the
> > > network?
> >
> > You're not using syslog for Exim logging, are you?
>
> As a matter of fact, yes we are. It's a multi-server environment, and we use
> syslog so that we can centralize the archival logs onto an administrative
> server. Is that a problem?

No, but it explains why you're getting exim-related messages on console.
:-)

Check out your syslog configuration, and see what gets sent to the
console there.

See the description of the syslog_facility option (and the referenced
chapter on "Log files") for clues on which fac.pri combinations Exim
uses.

Ciao,
Sheldon.