Re: [Exim] OT: Problem sending mail to verizon.net

Αρχική Σελίδα
Συντάκτης: Kevin Reed
Ημερομηνία:
Προς: exim-users
Αντικείμενο: Re: [Exim] OT: Problem sending mail to verizon.net
Odhiambo G. Washington said:
> 61$ telnet relay.verizon.net 25
> Trying 206.46.170.12...
> Connected to relay.verizon.net.
> Escape character is '^]'.
> 220 sc015.verizon.net MailPass SMTP server v1.0.6 - 103003062626JY ready
> Tue, 4 Nov 2003 09:35:15 -0600
> ehlo ns2
> 250-sc015.verizon.net
> 250-8BITMIME
> 250 SIZE 20971520
> mail from: wash@???
> 250 Sender <wash@???> OK
> rcpt to: postmaster@???
> 250 Recipient <postmaster@???> Ok
> data
> 354 Ok Send data ending with <CRLF>.<CRLF>
> Subject: Verizon sucks;

Wait till you get the message back that says the postmaster account is
over quota... :-)

Put bluntly, Verizon is screwed up.

We have a number of domains virtual hosted on one of our servers that has
the mail then forwarded on to verizon. 1/2 the time the mail is never
excepted. Then all of a sudden it will go through and work fine for a
while until it goes back to it call back later crap.

Certain accounts can never mail them (like mine for example), any
postmaster account will automatically be denied.

On top of that, one of the virtual accounts gets over 150 messages a day
FROM one of the main verizon mail servers to his virtual account that is
100% pure spam....

So while they are attempting to keep it out, they sure have to problem
sending it out themselves.

I'd block the server, but its the same server his mail needs to be sent to...

Most of the verizon or verizon related domains (gte.net) have been dropped
from all the mailing lists now as they are simply undeliverable and there
is nobody or process to talk to other than the listed contact on the
domain to attempt to correct it. You can send mail to it (from a
non-postmaster account) but you will never get a response and its not
clear if they actually do anything or not.

I've suggested the people who have verizon to get a new provider.

--
Kevin W. Reed - TNET Services, Inc.
Unoffical Exim MTA Info Forums - http://exim.got-there.com/forums