[Exim] Port number / RBL not dynamic fields?

Αρχική Σελίδα
Συντάκτης: exim
Ημερομηνία:
Προς: exim-users
Αντικείμενο: [Exim] Port number / RBL not dynamic fields?
Dear List,

First of all: Exim is great and offers a lot of nice options! Especially
a little 'thank you' to the author(s).

After a lot of research I have one question in mind: why aren't all
'fields' dynamic (using a lookup instead of static information)?

i.e.: the port number of the 'smtp' transport (port = <portnumber>)
i.e.: the list of RBL servers you can use (deny rbllist = <rbl's>)

Reason: my configuration uses a lot of information which is retrieved
from a MySQL database. It works great, especially with a hand made
webfrontend. Everything is dynamic and on the fly changeable. When I can
change i.e. the list of active RBL servers, this would be great and
quick, but it doesn't seem to work....

I'm also using Exim on my work. If one single RBL server quits (stopping
the service), we have to edit all the configuration files (instead of
one simple textarea on a webpage). It's not a pity, but hey I have
enough things to do on a single day =)

My version of Exim is 4.24 and I didn't get above fields dynamic. All
other configurations (on the internet) i've seen have static filled in
port numbers / RBL servers.... I'm a right and are these field really
static or is there an alternative lookup possible? The 'normal'
MySQL-lookups don't work.

Maybe someone has a nice solution, maybe not. I like to hear your
opinion about this.

Yours Sincerely,

Michael
The Netherlands