[Exim] How to implement a vacation reply using procmail

Αρχική Σελίδα
Συντάκτης: Odhiambo G. Washington
Ημερομηνία:
Προς: exim-users
Αντικείμενο: [Exim] How to implement a vacation reply using procmail
Hello users,

Right now I am using a procmail based router to handle spam filtering for users.
There are good reasons to do this, so please don't make any suggestions just yet;)
Okay, now that we've agreed, I can explain further. That router is only run for
certain local parts and it relies on the system-wide procmailrc.
Now I would like to enable a vacation service. The hurdle I am facing is how to
get the vacation.msg (or other file) that I can use with the vacation router
into the user's home directory. I have a procmail recipe that can do this - a
user simply sends mail to themselves (maybe abused I know) with a defined subject
and the file is created in their home. Another message with another defined
subject will delete the file from their home.
I would like to implement this using a (the?) global procmailrc and I am torn
between myself on how to do this. This new router (call it vacation_router)
should run for all users regardless of whether the router for spam filtering
had already been run. Here are the typical setup currently:

ROUTER:

procmail_spam:
 driver              = accept
 transport           = procmail_pipe
 local_parts         = cdb;/usr/local/etc/exim/spamcheck_users.cdb
 check_local_user

TRANSPORT:

procmail_pipe:
 driver               = pipe
 command              = /usr/local/bin/procmail -a ${sender_address} -d $local_part
 check_string         = "From "
 escape_string        = ">From "
 user                 = exim
 group                = mail
 return_fail_output   = true
 return_path_add
 delivery_date_add
 envelope_to_add

Now, is there a way I can run a second router to achieve my desire
without it interfering with the above router?
If no, does someone have another suggestion that can me accomodated
within this one?

Pointers are welcome, whether divergent or not.

        cheers
       - wash
Odhiambo Washington                     . WANANCHI ONLINE LTD (Nairobi, KE)  |
<wash at wananchi dot com>              . 1ere Etage, Loita Hse, Loita St.,  |
GSM: (+254) 722 743 223                 . # 10286, 00100 NAIROBI             |
GSM: (+254) 733 744 121                 . (+254) 020 313 985 - 9             |
                         --from a /. post