Re: [Exim] .forward with local copy will produce dupes.

Author: Philip Hazel
To: Andreas Metzler
CC: exim-users
Subject: Re: [Exim] .forward with local copy will produce dupes.
On Tue, 23 Sep 2003, Andreas Metzler wrote:

> local mailbox.

I've now looked at this. I cannot reproduce the problem.

> If I put "testit,blah@???" in ~testit/.forward while foo.org
> cannot be delivered immidiately, I'll get dupes in /var/mail/testit.

What is the router you are using for handling .forward?

> While the mail is undelivered to foo.org any queue-runner processing
> the mail will throw an additional copy into /var/mail/testit (the same
> applies if doing the same thing with exim filter).

It does not do this for me....

Can you demonstrate this with a delivery run using -d to get debugging
output? (Both for the original delivery, and a subsequent one?)

What does "exim -bp" show for the message after the first delivery
attempt? Is there a "D" next to the local delivery address, or not?

Philip