Re: [Exim] relay_to_domains based on MX in dnslookup?

Author: Andreas Metzler
To: exim-users
Subject: Re: [Exim] relay_to_domains based on MX in dnslookup?
On Tue, Oct 28, 2003 at 04:25:38PM +1100, Andrew Nelson wrote:
> How do I get Exim accepting mail for relaying if my server is listed as
> one of the recipient's MXs ?
>
> I'm trying to replace sendmail with Exim. All is going well, except
> I have a lot of domains that I don't keep track of (and don't want
> to at this stage). Sendmail does DNS lookups to see if the recipient's
> domain has an MX with us in it, and accepts the mail for relaying if
> it does.

[...]

Quoting spec.txt, 10.7 Domain lists:

 .   If a pattern consists of the string "@mx_any" it matches any domain that
     has an MX record pointing to the local host or to any host that is listed
     in "hosts_treat_as_local". The items "@mx_primary" and "@mx_secondary"
     are similar, except that the first matches only when a primary MX target
     is the local host, and the second only when no primary MX target is the
     local host, but a secondary MX target is. 'Primary' means an MX record
     with the lowest preference value - there may of course be more than one
     of them.

So you'll add @mx_any to relay_to_domains[1]
           cu andreas
[1] That is the doainlist used in exim's default configuration for
listing domains you relay for, your configuration might be different.